10 Great Weight Loss Foods:
Usually when you start looking for things to eat while trying to lose weight you will find plenty of lists telling you what not to eat, but very little about what you should be eating. For those of you who have no idea what you can and should eat, here is a short list of weight loss foods to get you started.
1. Meat – Not just any meat, by the way. Grass-fed meat. Grass-fed meat is leaner than grain lot fed meat and it contains high levels of Omega-3 fatty acid. The same cattle that is better for the environment is better for your internal environment too with lower levels of fat, cholesterol and saturated fat than conventional beef.
2. Quinoa – Not everyone has heard of this wonder grain–actually it is a seed. Quinoa is a complete protein in a little packet. Easy to prepare, it offers plenty of magnesium, fiber, manganese and copper as well as a pleasant crunch. It is also gluten free, an important factor for some.
3. Berries – Each berry has a different set of nutrients and antioxidants. You can never go wrong eating organic berries. They are the best sweetened weight loss foods you can have! They provide a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals, add a touch of sweetness to many foods and are available in dozens of varieties. When the berry season ends, you can find them frozen in the freezer case.
4. Brown Rice – Those who eat brown rice find that they better control their blood sugar level. Containing a significant amount of fiber as well as minerals and B vitamins. Brown rice can help in reducing elevated cholesterol levels and contains chemicals that help prevent the development of certain cancers.
5. Whole eggs – Only organic whole eggs should be part of your diet plans. Eggs have choline that helps to protect your brain. They contain lutein that promotes good eye health. High quality protein and naturally occurring vitamin D help round out some of the benefits associated with eggs.
6. Dark Leafy Greens – All sorts of greens offer benefits to a healthy diet, especially when trying to lose weight. Aside from having plenty of calcium and vitamin K – essential for blood clotting and instrumental in preventing osteoporosis. Greens offer fiber and are easy to incorporate in a variety of dishes.
7. Fish – Wild-caught fish offer healthy lean protein and omega-3 fatty acid. Oily fish are prime sources of DHA and EPA which are powerful agents in lowering cholesterol and supporting brain function. If you choose shellfish you will get plenty of B vitamins, vitamin E and zinc, selenium and potassium.
8. Olive Oil – Plenty of studies have demonstrated the benefits of olive oil. Fat is an essential part of your diet, even when you are trying to lose weight. In fact, some fats, such as those in olive oil and coconut oil, actually promote weight loss by encouraging the burning of fats for energy.
9. Oatmeal – Oatmeal is one of the best foods you can add to a weight loss program. Oatmeal will help you lower your cholesterol level. It is quick and convenient and the fiber will keep you filling full for hours while it reduces your chances of developing colon cancer. Steel-cut, non-instant oatmeal is one of the best weight loss foods.
10. Raw Nuts – Almonds in particular, but walnuts, pecans, pistachios and cashews are all nuts that taste great raw. In addition to having heart-healthy fats, protein and a number of minerals and vitamins, they are easy to carry when you head out. Nuts offer protections against brain degeneration, heart attack and macular degeneration.
10 Great Weight Loss Foods
Just sticking to these 10 weight loss foods is great, but of course there are plenty of other foods that will help you feel great and lose weight. Now that you know what you can eat, you should be encouraged that you will be able to lose the weight you want to lose, without day after boring day of so-called diet foods.
If you feel that it is time for you to get beyond dieting, then it is time to learn how to eat for life. Find out which weight loss foods work and which don’t. at http://beyonddiet.com/